Sunday, October 3, 2021

SPINNING A YARN!

   MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2021

           SPINNING A YARN!

    October 4th marks the official

beginning of "Spinners & Weavers

Week." I'n not much when it comes

to either of those crafts although I have

tried to mend holes in my socks from

time to time. My wife discourages those

efforts. She, however, knows exactly how to

work a spinning wheel. She expressed an

interets in learning how during a visit to

a craft fair in Hawley several years ago. A

very understanding woman appreciated her

interest and literally lent her a spinning

wheel on which to practice. Since she liked

it so well I saw a great opportunity and

purchased a wheel of her own that Christmas.

She uses it from time to time. But I admitt

I've been a bit disappointed. I've giver her

all the straw I can find but have yet to see

her turn out once ounce of gold!!! Well, it

worked in the fairy tale! Hope you're well

and that all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment