Thursday, March 28, 2019

DISCOVERING THE CLASSICS!


   FRIDAY, MARCH 29TH., 2019
 DISCOVERING THE CLASSICS!

   My grandson is a devoted fan of Thomas
The Tank Engine. He's got a collection of
Thomas trains at home and I have a small
set I keep here for our enjoyment.
    My soon to be 21-year-old grandson
can relate. When he was about 3 he was
also a big Thomas fan.
    Thomas has become a classic.
    But while searching for some Thomas
videos on YouTube I accidentally came
across a couple of much older "classics"
the three-year-old didn't know about.
     Anybody else remember the story of
"The Little Engine That Could?"
     Or how about the Three Billy Goats
that wanted to cross the bridge ruled by
a terrible troll!
      There were a few stories he had
already heard like the three little pigs
and the big bad wolf. But Jack and the
Bean stock was new to him.
       Since I don't have story books on'
all those old classics YouTube offered
a number of videos including several
different versions of some of the stories.
        The little guy was mesmerized and
I have to admit it was kind of neat to
hear some of the same stories I remember
hearing as a kid myself!
         One day he may work his way up
to Shakespeare but, for now, classics
like the "Little Engine That Could" will
do just fine!
           Hope you remembered to build
your house with bricks and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment