Monday, March 25, 2019

WASH, WAX, AND WORRY!


    TUESDAY, MARCH 26TH., 2019
     WASH, WAX, AND WORRY!

   I took my grandson to his favorite
train shop Monday then made the mistake
of stopping at a small playground on our
way back home.
    I say "mistake" because the same dirt
lane that leads to the playground also
leads to a Softball field where some guys
were either playing or practicing.
    They wrapped up their activities just
about 10 minutes after we arrived. As my
grandson was testing a sliding board a
steady procession of cars began rolling
up the lane sending thick clouds of dust
into the air and on my car.
     After ending our playground fun I
decided a quick stop at the car wash on
the way home would be a good idea.
      Some high pressure soap then a
rinse was followed by a coating of liquid
wax that restored the car's pre playground
luster!
       I hopped back in and told the grandson
we'd be headed home...….as soon as I
found my keys!
        They didn't seem to be in any of my
pockets and a quick check of the general
area failed to turn them up. Perhaps they
had fallen and were washed under the car.
          I got down on my knees, on the
soaked floor I might add, and glanced
underneath. I didn't see keys. I did see
the largest drain I've seen in a long
time!
          If my high pressure wash had
hit those keys and sent them rushing into
that drain they were probably already
half way to the Delaware Bay and my
grandson and I were stuck in a car wash
bay!
           I was about to send for my wife
and her set of keys when my left hand
discovered a small section in my slacks
apparently designed for magicians to
hide objects they intend to make
appear and disappear and there, inside,
were my keys!
           I thinking getting down on my
knees paid off in an unexpected way!
           Hope the wax lasts for a week or
so and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment