Thursday, March 14, 2019

YOU CAN'T TELL THE PLAYERS WITHOUT A SCORECARD!


               FRIDAY. MARCH 15TH., 2019
YOU CAN'T TELL THE PLAYERS WITHOUT
                      A SCORECARD!

   I was listening to one of my favorite old time
radio shows on Sirus/XM yesterday. It was "The
Life of Riley" will William Bendix. A few of you
may remember the show from TV but I go back
to its radio days.
   One of the funniest characters was "Digby
O'Dell the friendly undertaker." His dialog always
ended with "Well, I've got to be shoveling off."
   It got me to thinking about how things we used
to take for granted have been altered over the
years often to fit political correctness.
   Anybody call those in the profession "Undertakers"
any more? These days they're all Funeral Directors.
   Kids used to play "Cowboys and Indians."
Somehow "Cowboys and Native Americans" just
don't have the same ring to it.
    There are still Barbers around but must now go
by the title Hair Dressers or Stylists.
     One of my first jobs in radio was as a janitor.
I think they became Maintenance men sometime
back.
     Some of you will remember my asking when
did guard rails become guide rails and traffic
circles become roundabouts?
     I'm sure there are many that I'm just not
thinking of as I write. But maybe you know
of some. We should be gathering a list so we
could make up a modern scorecard for older
folks, like me, to follow.
     Hope you can add a few and that all your
NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment