Friday, March 15, 2019

DRESSED FOR DINNER!


    SATURDAY, MARCH 16TH., 2019
           DRESSED FOR DINNER!

     My wife and I were thrilled to accept
an invitation to a ham and cabbage dinner
from some dear friends of ours in the
Bushkill area of the Poconos.
      It seemed appropriate to include a bit
of green in our wardrobe given the nature
of the menu and the proximity of Saint
Patrick's Day.
     I choose a short sleeve green shirt
from one of the drawers but my wife's
ever keen eyes noticed a small spot. A
quick dab of water, a little rubbing, and
15 minutes only reveled what now seemed
to be a bigger spot so I decided to change.
     Little did I know it would be the least
of my problems!
     Fortunately I had a green Tee Shirt
bearing my grandkid's school logo. It was
usually reserved for sporting events but,
combined with a pair of tan slacks, it
seemed to save the day.
      All appeared to be well until we
arrived at our friend's house and my wife
saw the small tear on the left leg seam of
those slacks!
       After sitting the tear enlarged a bit
and it quickly became clear that movement
of any type had the potential of creating a
very embarrassing situation.
        Fortunately our friend's home was
equipped with a sewing machine on which
both our host and my wife are experts.
        I visited the rest room and
surrendered my slacks to the talents
of the women as they searched for a
matching colored thread.
        I was a bit apprehensive waiting
there and wondering if I'd have to miss
the corned beef or settle for eating it in
a green bathrobe. But I had the luck of
the Irish and the ladies came through!
        Additionally the repairs held up
even after I chowed down on that
delicious meal!
         Hope you'll all be wearing the
green (or something) for your dinner
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment