Thursday, June 11, 2020

REMEMBERING BETSY!

  FRIDAY, JUNE 12TH., 2020
   REMEMBERING BETSY!

  Last evening my wife and I attended
a memorial for my sister in law
Betsy who passed away a few days ago.
The virus pandemic restricted the number
of those permitted to attend but there was
enough space for those family members
closest to her yp be there together.
   Betsy enjoyed writing poetry. some
serious and melancholy, some reflecting
the comical wit that she always possessed
even as alzheimer's stole muh of her
memory away.
   Her children, my nieces and nephew
and their children offered readings of
her verses giving them one last
audience while recounting memories
of their author.
    There were, of course, some loving
tears shed. But as those gathered spent
the hours with one another the smiles
grew brighter and the laughter was
unmistakable even through those
protective masks. Betsy would have
loved it. I'm not big on good byes so
I'll just say...BETSY see you later!
Hope you're all well and that all of
your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment