Thursday, June 18, 2020

TIME MARCHES ON!

 FRIDAY, JUNE 19TH., 2020
     TIME MARCHES ON!

 It's time you knew! June 19th is
"National Watch Day!" It's a day
set aside to honor an industry
that's existed for over 500 years.
Before I retired I almost always
wore a wristwatch. In broadcasting,
as with many other occupations,
time was always very important.
The news started promptly at 6
so I had to be ready on the second!
When I first visited Europe I wore
two wristwatches! One had the
local time the other the time back
home. I pretty much gave up both
when I left the news beat. I might
have though, for a second, about
getting a new one when we visited
the Rolex Company in Switzerland
where watches were priced more
than most houses around here!
  These days the only time I'm
watching my time seems to be for
doctor's appointments. But I'm
guessing the doctor's don't have
watches either because I always
have to wait after getting there on
time. Watches have changed so
much. I wondering if the kids
are still taught why there's a little
hand and a bid one on those big
round clocks you see here are there.
  Anyway, mark June 19th on your
calendar. National Watch Day.
You can set you clock by it! Hope
you're well and that all your NEWS
is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment