Wednesday, June 17, 2020

THE PROTESTER!

    THURSDAY, JUNE 18TH., 2020
               THE PROTESTER!

    A good friend of mine had an interesting
post on Facebook yesterday. Seems he
encountered a young woman in Scranton
who spent 6 days in the Electric City to be
join in protest rally's there! During their
brief conversation he learned that she was
from Ohio and was being paid for her
protesting!
      People reading his post were shocked
and outraged for the most part. But it got
me to wondering. How much can you
make protesting? Are there fringe benefits,
I mean other than the travel?
       A lot of folks around here are retired,
like me, and could probably use a few
extra bucks.
        I was about ready to do some
protesting when I thought they were
killing off Mr. Peanut but so many
people were upset about that they brought
the character back right away..at least a
younger version.
        I don't fault anybody with a cause
who wants to express him or herself.
But it's nice to know our country is
still full of opportunities for anybody
willing to just show up and hold a
sign. I wonder if that will affect my
Social Security!   Hope you're well
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment