Monday, June 8, 2020

UNARMED!

TUESDAY, JUNE 9TH., 2020
            UNARMED!

  I kept hearing they were coming to
take our guns and now it's finally
happened. Well, not all guns. But
three very classic ones. By now you
may have heard that the new Looney
Tunes Cartoons will feature Elmer
Fudd without his shotgun  and
Yosemite Sam with out his 6 shooters!
The series Executive Producer simply
said "We're not doing guns."
Now call me old school if your wish
but I'd like to point a couple things
out. First, Elmer Fudd's character
is a hunter and hunters usually have
rifles or shotguns. Second, Yosemite
Sam's character is a wild west gunman
and wild west gunman usually had
6 shooters. Thirdly, these are
cartoons! They're not real! 
  I can't remember ever taking them very
seriously!   Now I'm as
opposed to anyone as seeing too much
violence on the screen. But in the first
of these new videos old Bugs Bunny
is seen going after Elmer with
dynamite! Poor Elmer doesn't even
have a cork pop gun!
   If you really want to "disarm" a character
I'd suggest Pepe Le Pew!
   Seems to me when it comes to
common sense these producers are
unharmed. Well, hope they give us a
laugh, that you're well, and that all
your NEWS is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment