Monday, June 22, 2020

THE BIG COME BACK!


   TUESDAY, JUNE 23RD., 2020
         THE BIG COME BACK!

  I put on my Susquehanna University T Shirt
this morning without giving it a second through.
Two of my granddaughters go to school there,
so you could say I've got close ties. I've got
close ties to another Susquehanna. The river.
  48 years ago today I was named Public
Information Officer for Luzerne County Civil
Defense as Tropical Storm Agnes caused this
river to flood downtown Wilkes-Barre and
parts of every community along its banks
in Wyoming Valley!
   At the time it was the worse natural disaster
to hit the United States! Thousands of people
were forced from their homes. Businesses
were destroyed. And in the wake of it all
heroes popped up everywhere. Hundred of
people, mainly college students, who
filled sandbags in a futile attempt to prevent
the flood. Rescue workers who save people
who were stranded. and public officials who
worked to get recovery tools and money
so people could come back from the disaster.
And they did..just as my granddaughters will
eventually get back to their college and you
will get back to a normal life after this virus
pandemic. And in the come back lies the
victory. Hope you're well and that all of your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment