Saturday, May 8, 2021

A DAY TO REMEMBER!

     SUNDAY, MAY 9, 2021

   A DAY TO REMEMBER!

     It's Mother's Day/ A day to remember

Moms. My Mom was a very good poet

and I'm happy to say I inherited a bit of

her talents. So, as I was looking through

old pictures of family and friends, I 

realized how important they were to

preserve some of out most precious

moments. I wrote a short poem about 

them which I'd like to submit to you as

today's blog.   

      The Stories My Pictures Tell


   I find myself looking at photos

   of times that I call "used-to-bes."

   They carry me back to days now long gone.

   And revive loving memories.


   Some that I see show small children.

   That now stand much tallen that I.

   Some are of family no longer around

   that may well bring a tear to my eye.


   All make a treasure more precious than gold. 

   But don't lock it away in some case!

   They're meant to be shared and meant to be seen

   So those memories cannot be erased.


    Take new ones whenever the chance comes along.

    So that someday when "this time" is old,

    Others may look at the memories you've shared,

    And learn from the stories you've told.   


    My photos will be here long after I'm gone.

    Please look at them once in awhile.  

    Remember the Love that went into each one.

    Then remember me too, with a smile!     


   Happy Mother's Day! Hope you're well

and that all of your NEWS is good! 





No comments:

Post a Comment