Sunday, May 2, 2021

    MONDAY, MAY 3rd, 2021

    REVIEWING MY RESUME'


         
    Let me begin by saying I am not
looking for work. The employment
situation is tough enough right now
without another job seeker in the market
place.
      Still, this is National Update Your
References Week so I suppose it won't
hurt to make sure mine is complete.
       All of my career has been in the
media, except for the time I sold
Christmas wreaths as a kid.
       Near as I can figure I've worked
at 8 radio stations, although only one
day at one of them, and 3 TV stations,
although only part time at one of them.
        I've written for three newspapers
and shot scenes for two movies plus
one edition of Forensic Files.
         That extensive background was,
in part. responsible for my being
interviewed for a coast to coast
program on the changes and decline
in the news media in our country.
          I felt I offered a clear picture
of the state of journalism around the
nation.
          Unfortunately the interview was
for and only aired on Japanese television.
So it's likely, around here anyway, any
wisdom I offered was lost in translation.
            At least I can put it on my
resume' . Hope you're well and that all
your NEWS is good!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment