Monday, May 17, 2021

PLAY ALONG!

         TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2021

                  PLAY ALONG!

   It's May the 18th which, as you

probably know, is "Buy A Musical

Instrument Day." This particular

date was selected because it is the

birthday of Robert Meredith Wilson,

the man who wrote the book, music, and

lyrics for "The Music Man." My good friend

John Moratto sells musical instruments at

his store in Hazleton. I have dabbled with

some in my time. I think most of us got a

chance to play that flute-like instrument,

the recorder, in grade school. I tried the

guitar for awhile but the strings always

hurt my delicate fingers. More recently

I try to play a few songs by ear on my

harmonica, My wife insists if would

sound better if I actually tried playing it

with my ear. If you're checked out my

video blog today you'll hear a sample

of mt tune interpretation. Perhaps we

should not only buy a musical instrument

today but sign up for lessons as well.

Hope you're in tune, and that all your

NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment