Thursday, March 30, 2023

JUST KNOT INTO IT!

    FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2023

        JUST KNOT INTO IT!

    Life has changed a lot since I retired

from the "news beat."  But one of the

biggest changes happened so gradually

it didn't really hit me until recently.

From the time I started in broadcasting

in 1959, and before that for holidays and

church, you'd always find me in a shirt and

tie. I wore a tie as a DJ and every single

day as a news reporter. Including the day I

went some 500 feet underground in a bootleg

coalmine! The miners gave me a pair of

coveralls to go over my suit!  I wore the suit

and tie for most of my 11 years as an anchor

and producer for Electric City TV after leaving

WYOU. I  even had a few special ties for

special days. I Christmas tie. A Saint Patrick's

Day tie. Even a tie for the beginning of baseball

season. When I stepped out of that volunteer

role on a weekly basis I also stepped out of my

suit and ties. Church had already gone casual

somewhere along the line. Recently, however,

an old friend passed away and I found myself

back in a suit. I easily found my one solid black

tie and realized as I and the people I know best

aged. this was the one I had to keep close

at had. For that reason, I'm not very

anxious to "tie one one!" Hope you're

well, however you're dressed, and that

all your NEWS is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment