Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Midas Touch!

     Some people have the 'Midas touch!'
     Everything they touch works out right!
     Some people have a 'Green Thumb.'
     All of the plants they grow prosper.
     Then there's me!
     The only way 'Midas' and 'Green
  Thumb' could be linked with me is if my
  muffler fell off my car and landed on my
  hand!
       For the past several weeks I've been
  trying to get a problem on my computer
  fixed. I haven't been able to burn a DVD.
       But the problem only surfaced after a
  gentleman who is skilled in fixing laptops
  repaired my unit from the previous
  problem I caused.
       Every time I try to fix something by
 myself I only seem to dig a deeper hole!
       Part of the problem is language.
       I speak English. Computers do not!
       I know....there's even a language
 selection box in most programs on your
 computer. But whatever you select the
 computer...or at least all of the
 instructions for the computer....come in
 a form I find almost impossible to read!
       I decided to simply dub the video I
 wanted directly from my camcorder to
 a DVD Player/Recorder I bought some
 time ago. The first video transfer worked
 fine. But before I could do the next one
 someone stopped by the house and I got
 up to greet our visitor. Unfortunately
 the little drawer that holds the DVDs in
 the machine was still open when I
 bumped it with my arm!
      I thought I finally got it back in
place but the last two recordings I tried
captured only some of the video I dubbed
in.     
       My 'Computer Guy' decided it was
 safer to try to repair my laptop at his
 home where I couldn't do anything to it
 for at least a few hours.
       He was nice enough to lend me his
 so I could do some work for the evening.
       Except....I can't get his on line!
       And he'll be pleased to know I didn't
 try to 'fix' anything.
      I just turned on my old computer in
 the spare room so I could get my daily
 blog delivered on time.
      I remember taking some 'Shop Classes'
 when I was in Junior High School.
       Now I'm wondering how I got out of
 any of them alive or uninjured!
       I've been called a lot of things over the
 years...but "Mr Fix It" wasn't...and still
 isn't on that list!
       On the bright side,,,,,September 7th
 is "Salami Day!" 
       A web site promoting the holiday has
offered a list of celebration suggestions
which include "Pin the tail on the Salami,
Bobbing for Salami, and Salami party hats!"
       Think I'll just have a sandwich.
      Hope my laptop comes back all
better, that you're enjoying some Salami and
than all of your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment