Friday, September 14, 2018

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!


   SATURDAY, SEPTEMNER 15TH., 2018
            FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!

   It has been many years since I found myself
under Friday night lights watching High School
Football. I enjoyed watching my eldest grandson
play a couple years ago. But those were afternoon
games.
    The last time I was called to those Friday night
lights on a weekly basis was during my first year
of High School. I had to go to the games then
because I was a manager for the team. That
meant I was one of the guys who took water
to the players during time outs, packed and
carried their gear from the school to the stadium
and back again, and carried the players off the
field whenever a stretcher was needed. Lots of
work and none of the glory!
      By year two I had switched to the Stage
Crew and only occasionally took in a Football
game.
      This year, however, my wife and I have been
in the seats for all (so far) of the Wyoming Area
Football games. We don't have anyone on the
team but we do have someone on the field.
       Our granddaughter joined the school's
Color Guard this season so we've been turning
out to watch her preform. There's been a bonus!
The team happens to be pretty good this year
and it's always fun to watch a winner.
       This particular Friday night our family
was especially well represented. In addition
to our granddaughter in Color Guard, one of
our grandson's and our daughter's exchange
student were helping sell concessions as
members of the Key Club. And our youngest
granddaughter's mini football Cheerleading
was on the field to welcome the players as
the game began!  And that, of course,
brought her Dad, Mom, and brother to
the grandstand to support her and the team!
         That made it a special winning night,
for the team and for us!
          Hope none of them need me to pack
or carry anything (or anybody) off the field
and that all your NEWS is good.








No comments:

Post a Comment