Sunday, September 2, 2018

TWENTY QUESTIONS!


  MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD., 2018
    TWENTY QUESTIONS! 

     Why is it when I can't talk
everyone asks me questions?
     As most of you already know I
had surgery to remove some cancer
cells from my lower lip this past
Wednesday. The incision was large
enough to require a skin graft to cover
the affected area. The result is several
stitches and a requirement that I keep
that lip as still as possible for about
five days. That means no chewing,
talking or even smiling.
      My 5 year old grandson knows
I have a "boo boo," which is a
medical term all ages can understand.
But he still asks me questions. I try
to reply by making some sort of moan
which, in my mind, contains a full
sentence of actual words but that
doesn't really work all that well.
       As for the adults, I feel like
they are all dentists. I get all kinds
of comments and, it seems, always
a question. You know, like when
the dentist has your mouth full of
his tools and he what to know how
your vacation went!
        And even those who don't
challenge me to speak usually come
up with a comical comment. That
make me smile.....I'm not suppose
to smile!!!!!
        My daughter suggested I type
replies on her Smartphone keyboard.
That sounded like a good idea until
I realized my fingers are too large
for the letter spaces! And then there's
the problem of having to spell words
correctly.
       Then there's eating. As you know
I've had a number of milkshakes since
the surgery. My wife suggested trying
some alternatives so, as I write, I have
just finished a small bowl of scrambled
eggs through a straw. I reminded myself
of that character in the movie "The Fly"
sipping milk and honey as he was
turning into the insect!
        By the way the Jello yesterday
wasn't much easier!
        Oh well, if the Doctor's estimates
are correct I should have a better ability
to eat and speak by Tuesday or Wednesday.
        Right now I'm opening my bottle
of Michelob Ultra with my straw at the
ready!
        Hope I got all the egg out of it and
that all your NEWS is good!












No comments:

Post a Comment