Wednesday, September 19, 2018

THE TOPPING OF CHOICE!


    THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH., 2018
           THE TOPPING OF CHOICE!

     September 20th is "National Pepperoni
Pizza Day!"
      This is a holiday I truly endorse! I've
always liked Pizza. My hometown was
Hazleton.  I always thought pizza was
invented there.
       And I've always loved Pepperoni. I
think it was the first food I ever "cooked."
Some would say what I did was "heat"
the meat. But as far as I'm concerned it
was on the stove, in a pan, with a flame
underneath. So I "cooked it."
       I don't remember exactly when I
learned how well those two basic foods
tasted together but I've been ordering them
that way for many years.
        Apparently I'm not the only one.
Nationally, Pepperoni is the most
popular topping, preferred by
36% of the people.
        My wife, however, likes mushrooms!
Since I don't we usually end up ordering
a half and half pie. There's usually one
slice left over. But it always has mushrooms
on it!
        The first pizza is said to have been
sold in Naples, Italy in 1738. If it was
topped with Pepperoni you might still
be able to eat the meat. It keeps very
well.
         I don't suppose I have to tell you
how to celebrate this unusual holiday.
Hope you enjoy your meal and that all
your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment