Tuesday, September 4, 2018

OUT ON THE PORCH.


  WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH., 2018
                OUT ON THE PORCH.

    I spent a good part of Tuesday sitting
out my front porch. I'm suppose to
expose my healing lip to some natural
air so I figured I'd find some out there.
     I hauled my laptop along to keep up
to date on emails and Facebook posts
and put my XM radio receiver into its
"boombox cradle" to provide an
"elevator music background" to my
relaxation efforts.
      If I were back in my home town
back in the day I couldn't get away
with this silent retreat. Back then
people would be walking by all the
time and "hellos" would be flying
back and forth constantly.
       We don't get many walkers
by our place. Everybody drives
everywhere so the most we trade
is a wave now and then.
         I watched the birds crowd
on and in our feeder. That place
was like Grand Central Station
to our fine feathered friends.
           The squirrel came by too
but there was no sign of the
groundhog, the turkeys, or the
bear we've seen recently. Maybe
they don't like elevator music!
             It was a good rest and I
needed it. We've got a neighbor
who has been entertaining guests
till 2 and 2:30 in the morning.
They're not terribly loud but when
you're chatting just ten yards from
our bedroom windows it's a little
hard to get to sleep! I'd close the
windows but I don't think sleeping
in 80 degrees would be much
easier. I can't yell at them. I'm not
suppose to talk!
           Maybe I'll start spending
early mornings out on the porch!
Hope the neighbor likes elevator
music, and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment