Sunday, September 16, 2018

THE 4TH QUARTER!


  MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH., 2018
             THE 4TH QUARTER!

    As I write the sun is setting and I am
about to complete my 75th orbit of the sun!
To use a football analogy, I am entering
the 4th quarter of my life.
    I don't remember a lot about the first
few minutes, or hours, or days of "play."
I was too little!
    I know I enjoyed my childhood a lot.
That's probably why I've never completely
left it.
    The first quarter ended and the second
started very well. That's when I met my
wife! She was and is my greatest cheerleader!
That's been very important because I haven't
always run the right plays or made that
first down I really needed.
    And there have been set backs! Most
notably the passing of our parents and other
loved ones! You never get over that "lost
yardage" but you keep playing the game.
    I've enjoyed a lot of success through
the second and third quarters too. Professionally
and, most importantly, with my fantastic
family. The cheerleading squad has expanded
to our three children, their spouses, and 6
wonderful grandchildren! There's a whole
lot of friends in the crowd as well!
    Again, there are challenges on the field
from time to time. But that Quarterback I
picked up, the carpenter from Nazareth,
keeps me smiling and looking upfield.
Sometimes I don't follow his plays as
called but he hasn't pulled me from the
lineup or fined me just yet.
     I don't know what the forth quarter
has in store for me. And I have no idea
how much time is left on the clock! You
see there's no scoreboard!
     But whenever the final whistle blows
I want you to know I've really enjoyed
playing in this game of life. And I appreciate
all those cheers.
     I'm kind of hoping for a tie so I can stay
for overtime!
     Hope all your NEWS is good!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment