Sunday, September 30, 2018

WHAT WAS THAT?


  MONDAY, OCTOBER 1ST., 2018
           WHAT WAS THAT?

   I'm constantly amazed by the kids
today! My three-year-old grandson
can't call up videos on his Dad's
Smartphone but once they're on the
screen he can scan the options and
switch from one to another as soon
as he gets bored with any of them.
It was his 8-year-old sister who
explained "buffering" to my wife
and that was about 3 years ago.
    But kids don't know everything!
    My wife and I were out to dinner
the other evening when we heard a
family at the next table mention the
term "Rotary phone."
     The youngster among them. I'm
guessing about 6-years-old or so,
stared at the adults as though they
had just discussed Einstein's
theory of relativity! I'm thinking
the kid probably doesn't even have
the faintest idea what a Land line
is!
     I was thinking about him and
the things youngsters do and do not
know when I saw the device attached
to the wall in our motel room. I know
it as a bottle opener!
     They were pretty common on walls
like this, in kitchen cabinets. and even
as an option on some "Jack Knives."
(Wonder if the kid would know what
that refers to?) Now, of course, all
kinds of bottles come with screw off
caps.
      Well, at least the kids will be able
to Goggle those items to find out more
about them. Or, they could just ask us!
       Hope they do and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment