Monday, October 1, 2018

KEEP IT CLEAN!


 

   TUESDAY,  OCTOBER 2ND., 2018
            KEEP IT CLEAN!

   I want to join the millions, or
thousands, or hundreds, or handful
of people who realize that October
2nd. is National Custodial Workers
Recognition Day!
   Well, at least YOU know now!
   This day has special meaning to
me because I was once in the ranks
of those who clean up after everybody
else has gone home for the day. I was
a janitor!
    In fact, I got my big start in radio
as a custodial worker. After my clean
up work was complete at WTHT in
Hazleton, and the station was off the
air for the day, I used to play around
with the control board and the
turntables. Then, when someone got
sick, I was the only other person other
than those with existing shifts, that
knew how to work the equipment!
   That's how I got on the air......after
the restrooms were cleaned of course!
To this day I can't stand to see a paper
towel tossed on the floor. I've just got
to pick it up!
    Area radio actually featured another
custodial worker. Remember "Emerson,
the Main-tain-ence Man" from WARM?
Voiced by radio veteran Stan Neishel,
Emerson's humor cleated laughs all
over WARMland. I'm not sure if he,
like me, however, ever really had to
use a mop and the dust pan!
     So let's hear it today for the men
and women who scrub the floors and
the toilets and make sure there are
plenty of paper towels for the rest of
us to dispose of properly.
     Hope I can make my wife understand
I retired from that job many years ago,
and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment