Friday, October 26, 2018

WHAT A CATCH!


   SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27TH., 2018
                WHAT A CATCH!

   I was a bit surprised when my granddaughter
Kara announced her intention to join the Color
Guard during her Senior year at Wyoming Area
High School. Her decision brought me back to
the Football stadium for the first time since her
older cousin played in his Senior year at Holy
Redeemer. She made a good choice!!!
    Since the band and color guard perform before
the start of home games we had to show up early
to watch her and them on the field. I suppose we
could have left as soon as their performance had
ended. But I quickly noticed something. Wyoming
Area's Football team looked really good!
     I found myself looking forward to the game
as much as the band and color guard's great show.
And the team kept winning!
     Friday night marked her and the Football team's
last regularly scheduled appearance. And, it was
against Wyoming Area's big rival, Pittston Area!
     Since it was an "away game", at Pittston that
is. the band and color guard took the field at
half time.
      The game, that was billed as a close one by
the "experts" turned out to be another Wyoming
Area blow out with a final score of 40 to 0.
       It's the first time I watched a team's
undefeated season and the first time a cheer
leader made a pass at me! In this case, however,
the cheerleaders were tossing out mini footballs
and, even with my gloved hand, I snatched the
one tossed my way! Best pass I've seen all
season and, if I do say so myself, a great catch!
       Hope they continue their winning ways
in the playoffs and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment