Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WHO'S ON FIRST?


     WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24TH., 2018
                   WHO'S ON FIRST?

   A funny thing happened to me while I was
watching TV Tuesday night. "This Is Us" had
ended so I started to surf the few channels I
now receive. I almost couldn't believe my eyes!
As I came across the Fox channel there were
two teams playing baseball!
     Turns out it was the World Series!
      Now this wasn't the World Series I
remember from my youth . although one of
the teams was the Dodgers. At least the
announcers said they were the Dodgers. But
the Dodgers I remember had Brooklyn
written on their shirts.
      The other team was the Boston Red Sox.
When I saw that I thought I might have
accidentally pulled up an episode of the
Twilight Zone.
      The series I used to watch always
had the Yankees and, very often, the
Dodgers.
       Up until Jr. High School they used
to have a TV set up in the auditorium.
Those is study hall or with teachers who
cared were allowed to watch those
afternoon games right in school.
       I still follow baseball but not as
closely as when Mantle, Snyder, and
Mays were in the headlines. I honestly
didn't recognize most of the names I
heard as the game progressed. Maybe
"I Don't Know" is actually playing!
        I'll watch a lot more closely when
the Yankees are in it again.....next year!
Till then I hope all yours NEWS is good!      

No comments:

Post a Comment