Sunday, October 28, 2018

PRETTY CRAFTY!


    MONDAY, OCTOBER 29TH., 2018
               PRETY CRAFTY

    I'm not saying it was witchcraft, but my
wife, edged on by her sister, persuaded me
to go to an auction Sunday night.
    The last auction I was lured to featured
all kinds of items but mainly food. I guess
food must be a part of auctions because
the one Sunday night highlighted Apple
Dumplings. Everyone, they said, would
get one free!
      Of course to get to the dumplings I
had to sit through about an hour of
bidding for craft items!
      I think crafts are neat and the people
who make these things, including my
wife, are very talented! Occasionally
I've even purchased a craft of one sort
or another. But 60 minutes of auction
on home made "get well cards" or
painted wooden Christmas trees or
Santas was getting a bit boring to be
honest.
       Thankfully "half time" came and
there was my apple dumpling, complete
with a scoop of ice cream.
       My wife bought a couple items
and the price was certainly right. And
I won a drawing!
        Seems the ladies in the church
holding the craft auction had made a
limited number of packaged apple
dumplings. So, some 26 of us had
our names drawn which entitled us
to but one of those packages. I guess
that makes me a winner!
        Hope I can come up with some
ice cream and that all your NEWS is
good!






No comments:

Post a Comment