Tuesday, October 16, 2018

TIME IN THE YARD!


    WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17TH., 2018
                TIME IN THE YARD!

    I remember all those old prison movies from
the 40's and 50's. All the inmates got to spend
some time in the yard each day. It was easy time
for the cons. Just standing around, having  a smoke,
and planning their escape!
    Those scenes ran through my mind Tuesday. My
wife had just announced her intention to "get a few
things done in the yard" and said she might need a
little help. As a "prisoner of love" I agreed to pitch
in.
     The "things" she had in mind involved placing
the wooden frames holding plastic wrap coverings
over the screens on our front porch. Time and
weather has taken a toll on those frames and they
no longer slide into place the way they did when she
herself constructed them several years ago. They
are large, wooden and a little hard to handle!
      To demonstrate just how serious she was
about getting this task done I was even allowed
to use a hammer and climb on our ladder. Tools
are usually not allowed in my hands. And for good
reason! I'm also not a big fan of ladders! I don't
have too much trouble climbing them. My concern
involves getting back on them once I've stepped off
onto the huge storage shed that gives us access to
two of our large screens.
      I thought I had one of the troublesome panels
installed, though it didn't fit perfectly, when my
wife observed it was probably upside down. Back
to square one!
      After both of us struggled to get all 9 units
in place I fully understood the inmates desire to
use his yard time planning an escape!
     Oh well, at least I've got Trustee status on this
project until spring when they'll all have to be
taken down and packed away.
     Hope "the warden" is happy, and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment