Sunday, October 21, 2018

AH NUTS!


    MONDAY, OCTOBER 22ND., 2018
                       AH NUTS!

        October 22nd is National Nut Day. So
I'm pretty sure a lot of my friends out
there will be celebrating. I know a lot of
Nuts out there! Several are probably
reading this!
    Unless, of course, this is a day that refers
to the food we know as "nuts." I suppose
that's more likely.
     Nuts are said to be nutritious and healthy.
I probably don't eat as many as I should. But
I do buy Chocolate Almond ice cream. And,
of course, I do so for the health benefits!
      When we were in Hawaii a few years ago
I picked up some Macadamia Nuts. I bought
them because they were Spam flavored! Span
and nuts! How healthy can a guy get?
       I know I had some peanuts this year
too. Problem is....Peanuts are not nuts!
They are Legumes, a member of the "Pea"
family. You could have fooled me. I always
thought Mr. Peanut was a "Nut!"
       There are still plenty of nuts to choose
from so buy a bag or a can and enjoy this
special day even thought there is no
documentation to support the claim this
is a "'National" holiday.
       Hope it's not just a "shell game" and
that all your NEWS is good!   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment