Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I FOUND HARVEY!!!!!!


   WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10TH., 2018
                I FOUND HARVEY!!!!!

    We were returning from our Travelworld
Tour to Montreal. Our route included a stop
at Saratoga Springs, New York. This small
community is already famous for its Mineral
Springs. Revolutionary War Battlefield, and
Saratoga Race Course. But who would have
ever believed I'd find Harvey here!
     For those of you who don't know, and that
probably means you're a kid, Harvey is a
Pooka!
     A Pooka ( or Phouka, Phooca, or Puka)
is a creature of Celtic mythology often
considered to bring good fortune. It can appear
as an animal such as a cow, or dog or goat.
But most of us old timers remember the Pooka
that appeared to Jimmy Stewart as a tall rabbit
in the movie "Harvey" in 1950. As the title
suggests that Pooka was named Harvey.
      Our search for a restaurant in Saratoga
Springs brought us to a place called "Harvey's."
This pleasant bar/restaurant had fantastic food,
a great staff, and there, on the wall, the
unmistakable shadow of a 6 foot tall rabbit!
It was Harvey!
     I'm not sure if everybody can see him.
He only appeared to Jimmy Stewart in the
movie. But Leona and I saw him. Even before
we had our brews! And finding this place was
certainly good fortune for us!
      I was so impressed I bought a T Shirt which
includes the legend of the Pooka and an
image of a large rabbit as well!
      Hope it brings me luck and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment