Thursday, October 25, 2018

MARY'S BABY!

         FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26TH., 2018
                    MARY'S BABY!

    50 years ago this month the horror movie
"Rosemary's Baby" hit the silver screen.
     Today, Plains Township native Mike
 Rutkoski brings Mary Shelley's "baby"
to the screen here in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
For those who may have forgotten, Mary
Shelley is the woman who wrote Frankenstein!
      Rutkoski created the movie "Baby
Frankenstein" which has its northeastern
Pennsylvania premier at R/C Movies 14
today.
       That's especially appropriate because
the last Friday in October is an unofficial
holiday called Frankenstein Friday! It was
created, the holiday that is, by Ron MacCloskey
of Westfield, New Jersey in 1997. He picked
a Friday in part because it begins with FR, and
also because it's the best day of the week to 
party.
        Every year MacCloskey,  awards "The Franky"
to someone who has made a significant contribution 
to the promotion of Frankenstein. I'd suggest that
Rutkoski would be a good nominee for that trophy
at next year's presentation!
        Years ago when the Capitol Theater was the
showplace of Hazleton the manager brought a
Frankenstein stage show to town for a Halloween
matinee. My Dad was the projectionist and I was
always hanging around. The manager wanted me
to go on stage and have the Frankenstein monster
grab me and hold me up while I pretended to try
to keep running. Scared of Frankenstein since the
first time I saw the movie I simply ran from the
offer.
          I'm told "Baby Frankenstein" is far more
comedy than horror so I'm anxious to see this
one especially since it was all filmed around
our area. Just for the record I'll be out of town
for the premier so I'm not running away this
time!
          Hope it's a big hit...and that all your
NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment