Friday, October 19, 2018

FLANNEL FOOTBALL!


     SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20TH., 2018
              FLANNEL FOOTBALL!

      I've been enjoying a lot of Friday night
football this season. Truth be told I showed
up at the stadium to watch my granddaughter
preform as part of the Wyoming Area Color
Guard. The marching band there is great. The
cheerleaders are first rate. The concession
stands are wonderful. Then I noticed something
else. The Football team is fantastic!
      They say everybody like a winner and I
guess I'm no exception. I found myself wanting
to stay to actually watch the games!
       That was very easy up until this Friday
night. You see the frost has finally hit the
pumpkins and I realized it would take more
than touchdowns to warm my bones.
         I pulled out a long sleeve shirt, a sweater,
one of my warmest jackets and those flannel-
lined blue jeans I put in the back of the closet
sometime just before last Spring showed up.
I added a hat and the combination did the
trick! It wasn't like September but I was
comfortable and the team won......again!
           I'll keep this outfit handy as the
season begins to wrap up.
           Hope I can keep the long underwear
packed away a little longer and that all
your NEWS is good!          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment