Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A PENCE IN THE NECK!


   THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25TH., 2018
           A PENCE IN THE NECK!

     I got two shots during my visit to our
family physician Wednesday. One in the
arm and another a little lower and in the
back. I was looking forward to getting
home quickly and resting for the rest of
the day.
     We left the doctor's office for the
short drive to the Cross Valley Expressway
only to find it blocked by several Police
cars. The logical detour in our case took
us a couple miles out of the way which
wouldn't have been so bad were it not for
the extremely heavy traffic! All the
rerouting suddenly crowded secondary
streets in the area and the flow slowed to
a crawl!
      Had there been a accident that tied up
our major river crossing? Nope.
      All the tie ups were caused so the Vice
President would have clear sailing for his
campaign stop on behalf of a congressional
candidate. For me, and hundreds of others
going about the daily lives and business, it
was just a "Pence in the neck!" Or a little
lower and in the back!
       Now while I use this specific case as
my platform let me say my position on this
issue would be the same whatever party
and whatever "high official" was visiting.
I'm sure many of you have run into the
same kind of tie ups when some big wig
Democrats have come stomping for
somebody.
       If a major political figure is coming
to my town on official business I say clear
the runway! But when he or she is coming
as part of an election campaign I say...…..
please stay home!
        The idea of tying up traffic, commerce,
and my life so you can pat a fellow politician
on the back is nonsense! If you like the guy
that much do his commercials! Buy him
billboard, or lunch.
         I'd rather see our local Police officers
clearing up crime than clearing the way for
endorsements!
         Maybe our candidates, again both
parties, should consider running on their
own merits! Hope they have a few to
offer.....and that all your NEWS is good.
       
         

No comments:

Post a Comment