Sunday, October 28, 2018

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME!


   SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28TH., 2018
    YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME

    Family and friends of Peg Biscombe
gathered in Camden, New York Saturday
to celebrate her life. Peg passed on in
August and Saturday's service offered a
chance to share our loving memories.
     As noted in an earlier blog Peg's
husband Bob has been my friend since
Grand School. As such Peg and I along
with my wife have become close friends
as well.
     I shared some of my thoughts, not
\without tears, at the service and also
noted the fact that Peg was probably
always a bit amazed that Bob and I had
such a close relationship for so many
years.
     To some extent we're pretty much
opposites. Bob was always thrifty. In
my efforts to support a strong economy
I  tried to put most of the money I made
bad into circulation as quickly as
possible!
     Bob was always smart. Straight A's
as I recall. In that we were similar. You'll
recall me reporting that I got an A one time
too.
     I suggested to the gathering that Bob
and I were a lot like "Toy Story's" Woody
and Buzz Lightyear! I told them that they,
and you, can determine which roll each of
us would play.
     That brought some laughter among the
tears and I'm certain that's the part Peg
would want remembered!
      It was a wonderful celebration of life
and a reminder to all of us that we should
share our love and laughter as much and
whenever we can!
      Hope you'll make that effort. If you
do I have no doubt all of your NEWS
will be good!

1 comment: