Wednesday, September 12, 2018

WHERE'S THE BEEF?


   THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH., 2018
                WHERE'S THE BEEF?

    That line, "Where's the beef", got a lot of
laughs when it was the commercial catchphrase
for Wendy's fast food change. But a lot of you
shoppers may soon be asking the sane thing!
     I was at my neighborhood WalMart
Wednesday trying to see if I could track down
all the items on my wife's shopping list. I've
gotten pretty good at that except for the times
she adds something out of the ordinary.
      Salsa, "mild salsa'', was Wednesday's
challenge but I tracked it down.
      The only holdup came while searching
for the sandwich steaks I had added to the
list. It took 5 passes by the frozen food
cases till I found them tucked away on a
bottom shelf far below my eye level.
       It was while searching that I greeted
a store worker who was filling his own
cart. But he wasn't shopping! The employee
told me he was emptying the cases of items
that will no longer be sold as the store
prepares to change the places where some
products will be displayed!
        Hey! I was just learning my way
around this place!
         Product location moves are
designed to get shoppers to look around
more and, probably, to but more groceries.
To a guy like me, just following a list, it
adds a half hour to my shopping time and
can result in less product sold if I give
up looking for something!
          There may be a way for me to turn
this around in my favor. After merchandise
is relocated I'll do a scouting trip around
the store and make up a map. I can sell it
to other shoppers as they come in the door!
           Hope I remember to include the
Salsa....and that all your NEWS is good!
         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment