Saturday, September 25, 2021

THE DARK NIGHT!

    SUNDAY. SEPTEMBER 26, 2021

             THE DARK NIGHT!

   No. This blog has nothing to do with

Batman. I'm writing about a very dark

night! As my wife and I returned from our

delightful vacation with my old friend in

Maine it became clear that someone else was

riding with us. And watching over us as well!

During our final evening on the road my car

suddenly started cutting out, for just a brief

instant, every tie I hit a bump in the road.

Everything came back on immediately until

we turned off the Interstate into an exit ramp.

All of a sudden everything died! The engine,

and the headlights went dark. I steered the

can to the curb, scraping the concrete with

my tires. I had no lights what-so-ever. Even

my emergency flashers were gone. The battery

in my can is located in the trunk and I got

out as quickly and safely as I could to check

it. Several cars and tractor trailers passed

closely by as they exited the highway. Fortunately

they spotted my and the car in their headlights

avoiding a real disaster! Using my cell phone

flashlight I found that some items in the trunk

had come in contact with the battery posts,

shorting it out! On the advice of my son I

carry a portable battery booster that doesn't

require a second car for contact. It worked

and in two seconds the lights, including those

emergency flashers were operational and I was

able to restart the engine and drive to safety!

The "man upstairs" saved us so our vacation

trip could end well and my b logs could go

on! Hope all your NEWS, like mine, is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment