Tuesday, September 14, 2021

WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY?

    WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2021

         WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY?

  I'm writing this blog for September 15th. At

least I think its September 15th. I'm not really

sure. You may remember my essay on September

1st in which I told you about the switch, in 1752,

from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar. When

that happened 11 days were simply dropped from

September. Now I'm wondering if our calendars

are being redone again?! Last weekend West

Pittston held its annual Cherry Blossom Festival.

But Cherry Blossoms usually show up in May,

not September! This weekend Scranto will host

its annual Saint Patrick's Parade. But that normally

comes around in March near Saint Patrick's Day!

And now I'm getting worried! I've hot a Birthday

scheduled in just a couple days and I'm counting

on those presents and cake! I hope it's still scheduled,

that you're well, and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment