Tuesday, October 1, 2019

A TALE OF TWO HARRYS!


  WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2ND., 2019
          A TALE OF TWO HARRYS!

     Anybody who grew up or lived in
northeastern Pennsylvania during the
late 50's and early 60's likely remembers
the name Harry West.
     The long time morning man at the
"Mighty 590  (WARM) passed away
this week leaving a legacy of fun
filled memories for thousands of
listeners and those of us who worked
in the same market during many of those
years.
      I wish I could claim that Harry and
I were close friends but that's not the
case. We were friendly competitors for
a number of years and media colleagues
who sometimes found ourselves at the
same gatherings.
      One of the last times I saw Harry I
related a story that had him grinning
from ear to ear.
      My wife and I had hosted several
tours for a major travel agency and
counted among our guests...Harry
West. But it wasn't the "radio Harry
West."
      The gentleman who traveled with
us was elderly and just happen to share
the name with the popular radio DJ.
       Since many people had never seen
Harry the DJ in person some assumed
he was him! He was often asked if he
was Harry's father or at least "family"
He was not.
        When our traveling companion
passed away his obit mentioned his
love to travel with us!
         I was surprised to find my name
in an obituary but very happy it wasn't
mine!
        Harry, the DJ that is, loved the
story.
         I won't make his obituary but
I'm very happy to have know him even
in a casual way.
         See you later Harry! (Both of you!)
         Hope all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment