Wednesday, October 23, 2019

JOHNNY CARSON AND ME!


     WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23RD., 2019
           JOHNNY CARSON AND ME!

      This is "TV Talk Show Host Day!"
      It's always observed on Johnny
Carson's Birthday. Some of you may
remember him hosting a Talk Show on
NBC a few years back! Guess he did
pretty well!
      While most of my 60-year broadcast
career was spent as a reporter I began
hosting and producing a Talk Show for
Electric City Television not long after
I left the news beat.
       My show is a bit different than the
ones that followed in Johnny Carson's
footsteps!
         I concentrate on promoting
upcoming public events or public
service agencies that offer help to
the community.
          I don't offer a lot of comedy
although I suspect my description
of the big band aid on my finger
last week as being the result of a
"Boo boo" may have prompted a
smile or two.
          Those big network shows
are very scripted. Mine is a lot
more ad lib. Like dealing with
the fire alarm that sounded 5 minutes
into our recording session this week!
           I'm glad we didn't have to
evacuate! Our mic and camera cords
won't stretch out into the street!
           Anyhow I am, in my own
very small way, a part of that unique
group entitles to observe TV Talk Show
Host Day.
           Maybe I should find an announcer
to open my show with..."And now,
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeer's David!"
             Hope you'll watch mine
sometime and that all your NEWS
is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment