Monday, October 21, 2019

GAMES PEOPLE PLAY!


    TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22ND., 2019
            GAMES PEOPLE PLAY

     Our two oldest granddaughters had a short
break from their college classes this week and
it was such a pleasure to have them spend some
of that time with my wife and I.
      Somewhere along the line though someone
suggested we should play a game.
      Now let me be clear about this."Games" I
recognize would include baseball and football
both of which I now enjoy watching others play.
       Board games are stored away in the room
where my wife hides away to do those puzzles
that drive me crazy. But all the grandkids know
where and what they are.
       Thankfully, I was not asked to play a card
game. I haven't yet met a card game I enjoy.
       The women's choice was Password.
       You're given a little card with a word
showing and you've got to get your partner
to say that word by offering one word hints.
       I think I'm a pretty good hint giver. But
my ability to come up with the "password"
while I'm on the receiving end was hampered
by a number of problems.
       First, of course, is my poor hearing which
made it difficult to recognize the hint word my
partner was offering.
       I tried using mental telepathy in the hope
I'd pick up the correct password that way. But
we didn't seem to be on the same wave length.
       Short term memory loss also seemed to be
a problem as I offered the same guess a number
of times.
        But, even with those problems, my
partner and I managed to pull out a win by a couple
points. I'm not certain I contributed to the victory
all that much.
        The girls will be back home again near
Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll get a football out!
         Hope all your information is positive.
         {Those are passwords for hope all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment