Saturday, October 26, 2019

TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE!


     SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26TH., 2019
             TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE!

   I was minding my own business watching
the Wyoming Area/Pittston Football game
when my wife called the next play.
   We're going to be hosting a tour for
Travelworld in just over a week and she
wanted to get a head start on packing.
    I'd handle packing myself but my wife
believes two suitcases are better than six
and prefers knowing where everything is.
She has also nixed my alternative plan of
wearing the same two sets of clothes for
an entire week.
      I expected her call would require me
to try on the few sets of slacks she had
selected for the trip. But that's not what I
found!
      She had pulled every pair I own from
the closet and that included a large box
filled with some from an earlier time in my
life. My assignment.....try them all!
       I believe an entire quarter of the game
passed as I modeled all those slacks and
jeans. Jeans, by the way,  are known to
shrink after washing. Ironically several of
mine somehow shrunk just sitting there in
the closet!
        I should have guessed what I was
facing when her call to me included the
words "I know you hate to do this."
        I have had so many weight changes,
up and down, over the years that I hate
to have anything thrown out for fear I'll
have to buy something new and use one of
those  department store dressing rooms to
"try something on for size." 
         I completed the task but warned my
wife the penalty for this football interference
would be her inclusion in my daily blog!
So there!
        Hope she picks three good pair and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment