Sunday, October 6, 2019

WORTH REPEATING!


  MONDAY, OCTOBER 7TH., 2019
            WORTH REPEATING!

   I was pleasantly surprised to turn on
the TV Sunday evening and see the show
"Kids Say The Darndest Things."
   It's a new version of a program hosted
by Bill Cosby from 1998 to 2000.
   But I remember the original beginning
of the format which was a segment of
the Art Linkletter  "House Party show"
which ran on CBS radio and television
for 25 years!
    As a reporter on the beat for many,
many years it was easy to see how the
idea was born. You just never knew
how kids would respond to questions
and you knew you were taking a chance
if you ever questioned them "live!"
     Usually kids responded to questions
with a Yes or No answer so they weren't
the best interview candidates.
    But sometimes you got surprised
with some very clever and often
funny responses.
     Of course I learned that first hand
right in the family! And it's still
happening!
      I remember, years ago, asking my first
 born niece if a Zebra was white with
black stripes or black with white stripes.
      Well, she said, they're gray with
black and white stripes!
       Sounded logical to me!
       Last week my wife and I were
taking my 4-year-old grandson for a
ride. I made up and sang a silly song
as we drove then asked him how he
liked it.
       "Good," he said. "But don't ever do
 that again!"
         I should be writing all these things
down!
         Hope all your NEWS is good!


         

No comments:

Post a Comment