Sunday, October 27, 2019

A VOTE FOR MY COUCH!


    MONDAY, OCTOBER 28TH., 2019
          A VOTE OR MY COUCH!

     While most of you guys were sitting
back watching Sunday football on TV I
was exercising my civic duty and casting
my votes in the General Election!
      I know. The election is still over a
week away. But I'll be out of town that
day so I requested an absentee ballot!
      Voting from home is really neat! It's
a lot like the old days of the paper ballot.
       There's all kinds of instructions some
of which I actually read. Basically though,
you have to color in a small circle next to
the name of the candidate or issue you're
voting for.
        I've always been pretty good at
coloring, that is staying in the lines, so I
looked at this challenge somewhat like an
art project.
        As usual I did not know anything
about some of the candidates running for
election. I considered casting a vote along
straight party lines but the Bull Moose
Party is no longer listed as an option.
        Rather than let a circled uncolored
I picked candidates I did not know based
on knowing someone "above them" in the
chain of command. That way I can go over
their head to complain if they do something
I don't like.
        Of course there's also an option to
write in a candidate of your own choice if
you don't know or like a name listed on
the ballot.
        I resisted the temptation to write my
own name in for something for fear I might
win and have to go to work!
        That said, if you're really stuck in 2020
my name is spelled David DeCosmo. I'm the
guy who wants to see a caboose back at the
end of every train!
         Hope you'll remember that and that
all your NEWS is good!
       
   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment