Thursday, October 31, 2019

THE GOOD OLD HALLOWEENS!


  THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31ST., 2019
   THE GOOD OLD HALLOWEENS!

   Stormy skies have postponed many
Halloween activities today but back in
"my day" Halloween was observed on
October 31st no matter what!
     The postponements may be very
justified but I can't help remembering
the way it used to be. It always took
place on October 31st!
      My Mom loved Halloween so  a
party at our house was a must when I
was a kid.
       After that we all went out
"Halloweenng!" I can't honestly remember
when people began saying they were
going out "Trick or Treating" but,
somehow,  that phrase took over.
        We general hit the neighborhood
right around our homes and we were
almost always required to have a joke,
pome, or song ready to entertain our
hosts!
         The neighbors who knew you,
mask or not, often dropped money in
your bag! Anything from a quarter to
a dollar! I had some nice neighbors
so, for a time, I thought about making
Halloweening a profession!
          Back then many of my costumes
included a rifle or a 6 gun. These days
they'd shoot you for that!
           Nobody put anything bad in your
candy and the worst "tricks" any kids
preformed  involved a bar of soap and
car windows.
           As I look back I realize
Halloween these days is a lot more
scary than it used to be and that's a
shame!
            Hope all the kids get to enjoy
their holiday ands that all your NEWS
is good!
                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment