Tuesday, October 29, 2019

AFTER THE LIGHTS WENT OUT!


     TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29TH., 2019
     AFTER THE LIGHTS WENT OUT!

     It was an "interesting" day!
     It began when my wife tried a power
washer we bought cheap. The washer
didn't work and, after she tried it, neither
did the lights in  our spare room.
      That's the room that houses my Wifi
modem so my laptop shut down too.
      We had the wiring updated years
ago but the spare room is on its own line
powered by those old fashion fuses.
       My wife allowed me to make my way
into the closet and the fuse box to replace
the blown out unit. Somehow I was successful
without either setting the place on fire or
getting electrocuted!
        I was about to relax and celebrate my
victory when I noticed we had no water!
        My wife explained that she had crawled
under the house and thrown the lever that
shuts off the outside hose. But it's a spigot,
not a lever, that controls that line!
        So my wife let me crawl underneath,
ducking wood and steel just above my head,
to close the proper valve.
        We decided to give up on any housework
and go for a ride. The ride became a walk
along the beautiful Lehigh Gorge trail.  The
setting, with colored leaves and a clear
sunny sky was most romantic.
        As we sat at a picnic table along the
trail I felt a kiss was in order. It probably
would have been lovely had my wife first
removed her Penn State baseball cap.
          Instead, the peak of the cap hit my
forehead. A second attempt nearly got my
eye!
         That evening my wife was kind
enough to trim my hair. One particular
grey hair in my moustache must have
annoyed her so she yanked it out.
          Women apparently don't know
that moustache hairs are directly connected
to that part of a man's nervous system that
produces screams!
           Minutes later the razor cut a bit
more than the hair near my ear. Fortunately
it was an electric razor and the "wound"
was not severe!
           Today I plan to take a careful look
at my life insurance policy! I want to make
sure I'm not worth too much!!!
           Hope all your NEWS is good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment