Thursday, October 24, 2019

LET ME POINT THIS OUT.


    THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24TH., 2019
             LET ME POINT THIS OUT.

    Fortunately the cut I sustained on my trigger
finger last week was not near as bad as first
suspected. What I thought was a long slash
was actually a small cut. More like a tiny hole.
    That was great because it was rather
embarrassing to sign off my weekly TV show
by pointing at the camera with a white
band aid wrap that covered the digit!
     I now sport a "normal size" regular band
aid just behind the finger nail and at the start
of the first joint.
      I figured that would make everything
fine till I wouldn't need one at all. Wrong!!!!
      I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up a
prescription for my wife. Using my credit
card required me to "sign" a computer-like
screen.
       But there was no stylus! You sign, it
seems, with your finger!
           "Pointer" seemed the obvious choice
but I'm not sure the signature they got from
that bandaged finger tip would hold up in
any court!
           They say you can't make out famous
people's signatures so, at least, I felt like a
star!
              Then it was o to the Post Office
to mail a package to a friend.
              I paid cash there so no signature
on their computer was necessary. However,
I was  required to "tap" the screen to assure
the address was correct and to assure them
I wasn't sending a bomb or any such thing.
              Again my bandaged pointer went
to work and hit the correct blocks on the
computer screen. Well, the second time
anyway!
                I tried to write a note to my
friend as well. But the pen just didn't feel
right partly cradled by that finger.
                I typed the note instead using,
"Middle" as I am with this blog! That should
prove there are actually several uses for that
finger!
                 Hope I don't have to sign any
checks this week and that all your NEWS
is good!  
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment