Thursday, October 24, 2019

GOOD OLD FRANKY!





    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27TH., 2019
              GOOD OLD FRANKY!

    Welcome to "Frankenstein Friday!"
One of several separate "holidays"
dedicated to the famous Frankenstein
monster! "
      August 30th is Frankenstein Day,
so named for the birthday of Mary
Shelley who wrote the horror story in
1818. At least there's some logic to
that date.
      There's also National Frankenstein
Day which is observed on October 29th.
       Frankenstein Friday doesn't have
any connection to Mary's novel.
    Apparently somebody connected with
Frankenberry Cereal came up with this
special day.
      And, when you stop to think about it,
it was the scientist who was named
Frankenstein. The monster never did have
a name other than...."The Frankenstein Monster."
    You'd think Mary could have named the
guy!
     I had the change, just before my teens,
to appear on stage eith the big guy (or at
least the guy playing him at the time) on
stage at the Capitol Theater in Hazleton.
My Dad was the Chief Projectionist and the
Manager asked me to go out on stage let
the monster grab me, then make my legs
look like I was trying to run while he held
me tight. Having seen all the Frankenstein
movies, I ran....from the offer!  
    Anyway you've got three separate days in
which to "celebrate" Frankie! Hope you'll
take advantage of one of them and that
all your NEWS is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment