Thursday, October 10, 2019

THE EGG AND I


    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11TH., 2019
                THE EGG AND I

     October 11th is "World Egg Day."
     I like eggs but admit I don't have them
very often.
     When I do have them I like them fried
"over easy." But that style doesn't seem very
"easy" to cook! The yoke is usually hard
or the white is very runny.
      I'd fry my own but my history along
those lines is not very impressive.
      I find it difficult to break at egg
without finding tiny pieces of the shell
in the white. They do not add to the
favor.
      I haven't done too badly with scrambled
eggs and an occasional "crunch" in that mix
is hardly noticeable
     Which brings me to the subject of hard
boiled eggs. They're pretty good if you're
able to peel all the shell off and add a
sprinkle of salt. One caution. Be sure you've
selected the hard boiled eggs from the fridge
before you break them open.
      Smashing a raw one on your plate or
the counter can leave you with egg on your
face! And your fingers and hands and the
floor and....well you get the picture.
        Eggs are good for you. They're a good
source of protein and contain choline which
is essential for memory and brain development!
Maybe I'd better have a few more omelets!
        Hope you'll celebrate but remember,
don't put all your eggs in one basket, especially
if they're "over easy!"
         Hope all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment