Thursday, October 1, 2020

KEEP IT CLEAN!


 FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2nd, 2020
          KEEP IT CLEAN!

   It's already October! So many great
holidays this month! Halloween. Columbus
Day, or Native American Day if you'd prefer.
    Just so happens one of my favorites falls
on October 2nd. Today! It's National
Custodial Workers Day! It's a day set aside
to pay tribute to all the men and women who
work to keep our environment clean. The
Janitors if you will!
      I began my broadcasting career as a
janitor at a small radio station in my hometown
of Hazleton, Pennsylvania. After the station
signed off the air I'd go in and clean things up.
And after I was done I'd play with the Control
Board. It's one of those "show business like
stories." Somebody got sick and I was the only
available person who knew how the Control
Board worked so I got on the air.
       To this day I can't stand to see paper
thrown on the floor. The janitor in me feels
I must pick it up and throw it in the trash.
Seems, like broadcasting, it's in my blood!
Hope your place is clean and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment