Tuesday, October 6, 2020

STEPPING INTO SCHOOL!

   WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7th, 2020

          STEPPING INTO SCHOOL.


   October 7th marks one of those unusual

"holidays" that a lot or parents and kids

probably wish they could observe! It is

"International Walk To School Day!"

It was started in 1997 by the Partnership

For A Walkable America. While created

as a national observance it quickly caught

on in other countries around the world!

When I was a kid I walked to me grade

school (about 2 blocks), to my Junior

High School (about 3 blocks) and to my

High School. The High School was

about a mile hike. At least till I got my

driver's license and could borrow the car!

These days a a walk to school for many

students involves going from their bedroom

to the kitchen or living room, where ever

their lap top is kept. Hopefully things will

get back to "normal" soon and that a part

of the normak will include a walk to school

Hope you're well and that all your NEWS 

is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment