Friday, October 9, 2020

NOW THAT'S CLASS!

       SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10th, 2020

              NOW THAT'S CLASS!


    If this were a normal year my wife and I

would be off to my Class Reunion today.

Hazleton High School, class of 1960! 60

years later!

      Our class has had a reunion every 5 years

since we graduated. We even had a special one

three years ago, the year most of our class mates

turned 75! 

      I have always enjoyed these get together s

which may surprise some because I wasn't very 

social active when I was in school. I wasn't on

any sports teams. I was on the stage crew woring

behind the scenes. I didn't date. And I didn't go to

the dances primarily because I wasn't an especially

good dancer! Until "The Twist" came out! I was a

pretty good twister. But guess when Chubby

Checker's version of The Twist came out? June of

1960! We were all graduated by then! Had he come

out with the song 3 years earlier I could have been

King of the High School Hop! Well, as I suggested,

this is not a "normal year" and our reunion, scheduled

for today, was called off. The virus has Twisted most

everything in out lives this year. Hope we get to try

again for our 61st in 2021 and that all your NEWS

is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment