Sunday, October 25, 2020

MY SUNDAY SERMON!

    MONDAY, OCTOBER 26th, 2020

          MY SUNDAY SERMON!


   I got up extra early Sunday morning. Well

extra early for me. I was on a mission, to a

mission. Well, to a church. Our church. We try

to make it every week but this week was to be

a little different. You see our pastor and his wife

are on vacation and I volunteered to do the

sermon. It isn't completely new to me. I preached,

well, gave a message there twice on the past and

have done the same at another regional  church a

couple times as well. But this time I agreed to do

both the 8:30 and 10:30 service. I actually worked

on, and researched for, my sermon for a couple

weeks. When I arrived I found the church a bit

chilly. Our pianist said she had turned up the

thermostat but with no result. A board member

arrived and headed to the basement to check

things out. What he found was about 2 feet of

water (along with a troubling electrical odor).

Instead of calling for a hymn I called for the

Fire Department! Volunteers responded quickly

and began the process of pumping out the basement.

Without heat and with fire trucks blocking part of

the parking lot we gave up the thought of switching

to our church hall  and cancelled the day's services.

God works in strange ways. I'll have to look over

that sermon again to see if there's something he

didn't want preached. Anyhow, the basis of it is

now tucked away waiting for my next opportunity.

I don't know  when that will happen but I hope to 

see you there when it does! Hope all your NEWS

is good too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment